NEW YORK - tomorrow
¯\\_(ツ)_/¯ Раисɑ
2014-09-21 01:29:28 UTC
People's Climate March. Be there if you can.

CBS News - September 20, 2014

Protesters to descend on NYC over climate change

NEW YORK -- Preparations for a large climate-change demonstration in New York
City have reached a fever pitch, CBS New York reports.

At a warehouse in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn, artists made banners
and floats for Sunday's event that's called the People's Climate March.

"This is a little bit unusual," organizer Rachel Schragis said. "I don't think
it's ever been done at this scale before."

Organizers are saying that they expect more than 100,000 people to participate.

The march comes ahead a U.N. summit on climate change, where more than 120
world leaders in New York for the annual U.N. General Assembly meeting will
meet on the issue.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is "excited to link arms" with the
protesters Sunday, spokesman Stephane Dujarric said in an email to CBS News.

"It's clear that climate change is no longer a problem for the future. We can
no longer delay action - if we delay we will pay," Dujarric said. "These
marches show world leaders that people want action on climate change now."

Schragis said artists are aimed at turning the march into a visual spectacle,
"making a pageant or parade."

Joel Stein of Brooklyn donated his time to the march's preparations.

"I'm concerned about the future," he said. "I'm concerned about the future that
my children will inherit, that my family will inherit."

"You are not doing enough," Schragis said of the message she wants to send to
world leaders. "We demand bold, global action on climate change."

Protesters are expected to wind their way through midtown Manhattan.

"The debate is over," Schragis said. "We see by the outpouring and the variety
of people who are so excited about this march, people do care. They get it.
They're concerned, and they want to know what to do."
James
2014-09-21 02:12:03 UTC
Post by ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯ Раисɑ
People's Climate March. Be there if you can.
CBS News - September 20, 2014
Protesters to descend on NYC over climate change
NEW YORK -- Preparations for a large climate-change
demonstration in New York City have reached a fever
pitch, CBS New York reports.
At a warehouse in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn,
artists made banners and floats for Sunday's event that's
called the People's Climate March.
"This is a little bit unusual," organizer Rachel Schragis
said. "I don't think it's ever been done at this scale
before."
Organizers are saying that they expect more than 100,000
people to participate.
That's what the big bucks gets you. Lotsa "rent an activists/mobs".
--
Millionaires, Billionaires & Foundations finance the enviro groups.
Don't let them tell you what the science is.
few political people .Members are not consulted or polled.
Mickey Langan
2014-09-21 12:46:57 UTC
Post by ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯ Раисɑ
"The debate is over," Schragis said. "We see by the outpouring and the variety
of people who are so excited about this march, people do care. They get it.
They're concerned, and they want to know what to do."
The people who are losing the debate are ever ready to declare the
debate over.
--
Mickey

Fast, reliable, cheap. Pick two and we'll talk.
-- unknown
Unum
Maybe the handful of denialists could have a parade on a street corner.
Wally W.
2014-09-21 18:11:34 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯ Раисɑ
"The debate is over," Schragis said. "We see by the outpouring and the variety
of people who are so excited about this march, people do care. They get it.
They're concerned, and they want to know what to do."
The people who are losing the debate are ever ready to declare the
debate over.
Maybe the handful of denialists could have a parade on a street corner.
Do you mean this handful?
<http://news.yahoo.com/climate-change-disbelief-rises-america-180339949.html>
The number of Americans who believe global warming isn't happening has
risen to 23 percent, up 7 percentage points since April 2013.

The FUD-based religion is losing adherents at the highest rate since
records have been taken.
Leading scientists say, "It's worse than we thought."
(=_=)
2014-09-21 20:10:54 UTC
Post by Wally W.
Do you mean this handful?
<http://news.yahoo.com/climate-change-disbelief-rises-america-180339949.html>
The number of Americans who believe global warming isn't happening has
risen to 23 percent, up 7 percentage points since April 2013.
Who is 'Stephanie Pappas' and where is her denier blog?
Nice try.
Unum
2014-09-21 20:38:36 UTC
Post by Wally W.
Post by Unum
Post by ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯ Раисɑ
"The debate is over," Schragis said. "We see by the outpouring and the variety
of people who are so excited about this march, people do care. They get it.
They're concerned, and they want to know what to do."
The people who are losing the debate are ever ready to declare the
debate over.
Maybe the handful of denialists could have a parade on a street corner.
Do you mean this handful?
<http://news.yahoo.com/climate-change-disbelief-rises-america-180339949.html>
The number of Americans who believe global warming isn't happening has
risen to 23 percent, up 7 percentage points since April 2013.
Lol, 23%. That's about the same number of people who think
the Sun orbits the Earth.
Wally W.
Unum's irrelevant fact #812.
(=_=)
Not so irrelevant if you've taken the time to count . . . eh, 'Wally'?
Wally W.
2014-09-21 23:45:53 UTC
Post by (=_=)
Post by Wally W.
Post by Unum
Post by Wally W.
The number of Americans who believe global warming isn't happening has
risen to 23 percent, up 7 percentage points since April 2013.
Lol, 23%. That's about the same number of people who think
the Sun orbits the Earth.
Unum's irrelevant fact #812.
Not so irrelevant if you've taken the time to count . . . eh, 'Wally'?
Counting others' posts was Dawlish's thing.

I used a farcical number and you believed it.

Wanna buy a bridge?

Wanna sign a petition?

Water Banning Petition

(=_=)
2014-09-21 20:08:50 UTC
Post by Unum
Post by Mickey Langan
The people who are losing the debate are ever ready to declare the
debate over.
Maybe the handful of denialists could have a parade on a street corner.
In a small kiddy pool would be better . . . they would feel comfortable going
around in circles while being all wet. (^o^)