New York librarian fired after defending child who dominated reading contest
Breeding Obama Voters
2013-10-11 10:38:34 UTC
A librarian in upstate New York believes she was fired over
comments she made in support of a student who dominated a
reading competition for five consecutive years, The Post Star
reported.

In August, Lita Casey, who worked at the Hudson Falls Free
Library for 28 years, called the library's plan to change the
rules of "Dig Into Reading" to hurt 9-year-old Tyler Weaver's
chances of winning next year's prize "ridiculous," the report
said.

The library director at the time, who no longer works there,
appeared to criticize the boy and said he "hogs" the contest and
ought to "step aside."

"Other kids quit [the reading contest] because they can't keep
it up," she told the paper in August.

Casey, for her part, called the rule change "ridiculous."

"My feeling is you work, you get it. That's just the way it is
in anything. My granddaughter started working on track in grade
school and ended up being a national champ. Should she have
backed off and said, 'No, somebody else should win?' I told her
(the director), but she said it's not a contest, it's the
reading club and everybody should get a chance," Casey said at
the time, according to the paper.

Casey told the Post Star that she couldn't believe she was fired
and asked a library board member why she was fired, and was told
the board would not give a reason.

“I worked there for 28 years without a complaint,” she said. “I
have to believe it was related to the whole reading controversy.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/19/new-york-librarian-fired-
after-defending-child-who-dominated-reading/?intcmp=obinsite

§ρamßuster
2013-10-11 22:33:56 UTC

OOPS, I SPAMMED THIS INTO A CANADIAN NEWSGROUP

From: "Breeding Obama Voters" <***@usa.gov>
Subject: New York librarian fired after defending child who dominated
reading
contest