Illegal Edward Snowden bust placed atop Brooklyn war monument in Fort Greene Park
Brett Harris
2015-04-15 05:24:47 UTC
A group of guerilla artists created a massive bronze-colored
bust of Edward Snowden, then erected it atop a portion of a
Brooklyn war monument in Fort Greene Park.

The lifelike tribute to the 31-year-old NSA leaker went up
before sunrise Monday on a column at the park’s Prison Ship
Martyrs Monument, which honors 11,000 prisoners of war killed on
East River prison ships during the Revolutionary War.

"If you look at history, the people we honor with statues now —
certainly the people rebelling against the British rules — were
criminals one day," the artists told Mashable. "Now they're
heroes. We’re wondering if on the long arc of time Snowden will
be considered a hero, too."

A group of anonymous artists, who gave ANIMAL New York access to
the creation and installation process of the illegal artwork,
spent nearly a year creating the bespectacled bust displayed in
an act of civil disobedience.

A NYPD spokesperson said the police Intelligence Division was
investigating the situation.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/illegal-edward-
snowden-bust-erected-atop-brooklyn-war-monume-article-1.2175004

Lerm
2015-04-29 04:48:59 UTC
Post by Brett Harris
A NYPD spokesperson said the police Intelligence Division was
investigating the situation.
Do they plan to paralyze the nearest black man accused of
this heinous act of art crime? Or will they just shoot him
in the back?

http://www.graffiti.org/